Education: B.A. from McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, with Continuing Education in Art History and Studio Practice at McMaster University, Mohawk College, Burlington Art Centre, and Dundas Valley School of Art.
Selected Solo and Duo Exhibitions:
2012 Two-Artist Exhibition with Paul Roorda, Grimsby Public Art Gallery, Curated by Rhona Wenger 2010 Solo Exhibition Hamilton Artists’ Inc., Hamilton, Ontario 2010 Solo Exhibition, The Canadian Clay and Glass Gallery, Waterloo, ON. Curated by Virginia Eichorn and Christian Singer. 2007 Smoke, Two-artist exhibition with Catherine Gibbon at The Two Rivers Gallery, Prince George, BC Crucible, Two-artist exhibition With Lenka Novak, Cambridge Art Galleries, Cambridge, ON. Curated by Ivan Jurakic 2006 Smoke, Two-artist exhibition with Catherine Gibbon at The Yukon Arts Centre, Whitehorse, YT 2005 Solo Exhibition, The Art Gallery of Hamilton. Hamilton, ON. Curated by Shirley Madill. Two-Artist Exhibition withArnold McBay, WPK Kennedy Art Gallery, North Bay, ON. Curated by Dermot Wilson. 2003 Curiouser & Curiouser, Solo exhibition at the Transit Gallery, Hamilton, ON. 2001 Alarm, Art Gallery of University of Waterloo. Waterloo, ON, Curated with catalogue by Carol Podedworny Curious Reliquaries, The Carnegie Gallery, Dundas, ON. 2000 Material Memory,Two-artist installation with Anna Torma, Gallerie Sans Nom, Moncton, N.B. Material Memory, Two-artist installation with Anna Torma; Niagara Artists’ Company, St Catharines, ON 1999 Powerworks, The Visual Arts Centre of Clarington, Bowmanville, ON. Catalogue with essay by Margaret Rogers. 1996 Formal Cause, The Carnegie Gallery, Dundas, ON. 1995 Interiorities, The Glenhyrst Gallery, Brantford, ON 1992 Storage and Retrieval, The Burlington Art Centre, Burlington, ON. Catalogue with essay by Ingrid Jenkner 1989 Iceworks, Solo Exhibition of Sculpture, The Hamilton Artists’ Inc. Hamilton, ON
Group Exhibitions: Since 1984
- Artist-run venues such as the Hamilton Artists Inc.,Galerie Sans Nom, Niagara Artists’ Company, Whitewater Gallery, and Definitely Superior.
- The Art Gallery of Hamilton, and numerous Regional Art Galleries in Ontario such as the Cambridge Gallery, the Grimsby Gallery, the Burlington Art Centre, the Chatham Thames Gallery, The Norfolk Arts Centre, The MacLaren Arts Centre in Barrie, The Gallery Stratford,The Art Gallery of St. Thomas/Elgin, The John B. Aird Gallery in Toronto, The Tom Thompson Gallery, the Lindsay Gallery, The Cedar ridge Centre in Scarborough, and The Glenhyrst Gallery of Brant.
- Alternative venues such as Exile on James Street, in a vacated Bank of Montreal Building in downtown Hamilton, ON. (3 years), the TH&B show in the Imperial Cotton Factory space in Hamilton, the Hammer Gallery, also in Hamilton: the Annex Arts Centre in Toronto, ON; Gablemore Studio in Waterdown.
- Commercial venues such as the Transit Gallery and Gallery on the Bay in Hamilton, Ashton’s in Toronto, The Carnegie Gallery in Dundas, Ad Axiom Gallery in Burlington.
Numerous Group and Solo Exhibition Catalogues: by Shirley Madill, Carol Podedworny, Dawn White Beatty, Ivan. Jurakic ,KathrynHogg, C. Wells, V.Jane Gordon, Ingrid Jenkner, Alan Elder, Carolyn Bell Farrell, Margaret Rogers.
Reviews and Articles in such publications as: The Hamilton Spectator; L’Acadie Nouveau (Moncton), Matriart, Parallelogramme, Ontario Craft, “Ceramics, Art and Perception” (Australia), Hamilton Life, The Brantford Expositor, The Kitchener-Waterloo Record, Mix, Fusion.
OAC Crafts Grant ($4000) 1991; OAC Exhibition Assistance Grants received yearly from 1988 to 2010; Canada Council Project Grant ($17,000) in 2008.
Related professional Activities:
- Several years teaching at the Burlington Art Center; numerous artist talks and workshops throughout Ontario; judging at various juried art events; writing about art for various catalogues and publications: included in WARC Canadian Women Artists in the Schools slide Package.
- Many years involvement in the Hamilton Artists Inc. in such capacities as the membership on the Board of Directors, (1990-93 and 2004-7), Selection Committee, (chair 1990-1994, 2004-6), Project Committee, (2005 – 6); Coordinator in charge of BINGO fundraising, (1993 to 2000).
- Also such diverse community arts activities as: Member of Steering Committee, Exile on James Street,; Responsible for installation and maintenance of a major downtown art show in Hamilton, ON: Public Hanging 97.
- For the past 11 years Employed as Gallery Assistant and Installer at the Grimsby Public Art Gallery , Grimsby, ON.